Piano Moving NJ
We are happy to move your grand piano, upright piano, digital piano, organ, harps or other large objects that require a piano movers skill.
In order to obtain a quote for a move job please call (732)-462-4730. When calling about a piano move, some information is necessary to have on hand.
- What kind of piano is it. (Baby Grand 4’5-5’11, Grand 6-7’6, Upright, Studio Upright 48″-60″, organ, digital)
- The pick up and drop off address.
- The number of stairs and landings at the locations.
- Where the piano is going to be placed.
- Any type of obstacles on the property. (Hills, outside steps, steep driveways, elevators, off street parking)
- Is an Insurance Rider Required for your location? Just let us know we will be happy to provide one.
- Any other special requirements or questions.
We service all of New Jersey, mostly Monmouth and Ocean Counties. We are located in Freehold, New Jersey and move pianos weekly from Princeton to the Jersey Shore.
Cross Country Moves
If your pianos final destination is in Florida, California or any were in between the continuous United States we can help you arrange to have your piano moved via a specialized long haul piano mover. Since a tractor trailer cannot come directly to your house, we pick up your instrument and our carrier transports it to another piano mover to be delivered to it’s final destination.
Moving and piano tuning
When a piano is moved there is a chance it will lose some of its fine tuning. After a piano is in its new location the sound board and bridge will adjust to it’s new environment. This will make the piano in need of a tuning after a 2-6 week period. It is generally advised to have your piano tuned twice a year to ensure proper tone. Sometimes a pianos action (Keys, Hammers and such) will have a hard time adjusting to its new environment. This will result in sticking keys, double hitting notes, wood block sounding notes, and sluggish keys. This is a result of change in environment, pianos are very sensitive to humidity. If the problem does persist after two weeks from moving it is advised to have a technician ease the key.
Share With A Friend!