Advanced Scale Design
Refinements in all elements of sound production have given today’s U series a richer , more resonant voice with evenly balanced timbre across the entire keyboard.
Soundboard and Frame
- The Yamaha U3 features an expansive spruce sound board covering 2369 square inches.
- Five Back Post give the U3 a solid foundation and suburb resonance.
- Eleven Solid Spruce Ribs are double notched and fitted into the soundboard lining.
- The U3 is the First Piano from Yamaha to Feature a Floating Soundboard.
- Yamaha Built Bridges from Seasoned Hard Maple.
The Yamaha U3 Piano Hammer is Specially designed just for the U3.
Featuring a top tonal felt, a maroon underfelt and a spruce core.
Every U series Hammer set is Made in Japan.
Premium felts is used to achieve the 22 pounds of hammer weight.
The Fallboard is attached to a dampening mechanism that allows the fallboard to close itself without slamming or injuring the users hand.
U3 52″ Upright Piano Action
The U3 is the first of 3 pianos in Yamaha’s 52″ upright category.
The Yamaha U3 MSRP Price is the Lowest for the 52″ Yamaha Uprights.
The added height and depth of the piano allows for an elongated capstan and a longer key shank.
These two features gives the piano player a large sonic pallet.
One can play quieter or louder with more control and precision.
Yamaha U3 Acoustic Piano Video
Yamaha U3 Cabinet Finish Options
- U3 PE – Polished Ebony With Brass Hardware
- U3 PM – Polished Mahogany with Brass Hardware
- U3 SAW – Satin American Walnut with Brass Hardware
- U3 WH – Polished White with Brass Hardware
Yamaha U3 Acoustic Piano Specs
|Sound Board Dimension||2369 Square inches of solid spruce|
|Speaking Length of #1Bass Strings||47.5″|
|Hammer Weight||22 Pounds|
|Pedal||Soft, Muffler, Sustain|
|Back Post||5 total|
|Cabinet Finishes||Polished Ebony, Polished Mahogany, Satin Walnut|
|Soft Close Fallboard||Yes|
Yamaha U3 MSRP Price Subject to Change